A chance at a national title is on the line as the Duke Blue Devils (32-6, 16-4 ACC) and North Carolina Tar Heels (28-9, 15-5 ACC) meet in the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday at 8:49 PM at Caesars Superdome (airing on TBS). Bookmakers have installed Duke as 4.5-point favorites to advance to the championship game.
Duke has put together a 22-17-1 record against the spread this season, while North Carolina is 22-16-1. The Blue Devils have a 23-16-1 record hitting the over, while games involving the Tar Heels have a record of 22-17-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The teams score 158.2 points per game, 7.2 more points than this matchup’s total. In the past 10 games, Duke is 4-6-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall while North Carolina has gone 9-1-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Before this matchup, here’s everything you need to prepare for Saturday’s college hoops action.
North Carolina at Duke odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Duke-4.5
- Total: 151
- Moneyline: Duke-206, North Carolina +168
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
North Carolina at Duke odds, spread, & more
- The Blue Devils are 32-6 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 84.2% of those games).
- Duke is 29-5 (winning 85.3% of his games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -206 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline chance in this matchup gives the Blue Devils a 67.3% chance to win.
- The Tar Heels have entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won six, or 54.5%, of those games.
- North Carolina has entered four games this season as the underdog by +168 or more and is 3-1 in those contests.
- The Tar Heels have a 37.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- The Blue Devils score 80.1 points per game, nine more points than the 71.1 the Tar Heels allow.
- Duke has a 17-6-1 record against the spread and a 21-3 record overall when putting up more than 71.1 points.
- When North Carolina allows fewer than 80.1 points, it is 13-7-1 against the spread and 19-2 overall.
- The Tar Heels’ 78.1 points per game are 10.7 more points than the 67.4 the Blue Devils give up.
- When it scores more than 67.4 points, North Carolina is 14-10-1 against the spread and 21-5 overall.
- Duke’s record is 17-9-1 against the spread and 24-3 overall when it gives up fewer than 78.1 points.
- The Blue Devils have put up a total of 483 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 12.7 per game), and the Tar Heels have out-scored opponents by 257 points on the season (seven more per game).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Blue Devils’ average implied point total this season is 1.3 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (79.3 implied points on average compared to 78 implied points in this game).
- This season, Duke has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (78) 26 times.
- The Tar Heels’ implied point total in this matchup (73 points) equals the team’s season average.
- This season, North Carolina has put up more than 73 points in a game 24 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Duke vs. North Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, April 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:49 PM ET
- Live Stream: Hulu
Find out how to watch March Madness live on Hulu!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow Sportsbook Wire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).